Automatic single-mode fiber coupling
- Single-mode fiber coupling set up within seconds
- Automatic multi-dimensional tracking
- Compensation of thermal and mechanical drifts
- Easy optimisation of coupling optics
- 3D visualisation of the coupling efficiency and intensity logging
With the FiberLock, the laser beam is scanned two-dimensionally by special piezo actuators with up to kHz frequencies and by up to several hundreds of micrometers. The light transmitted through the fiber is detected by a photo detector and is then displayed in real-time as a 3D-view on a computer. Thus the coupling can be monitored and optimised, e.g. by shifting or tilting of the focusing optics. This 3D displayed coupling profile can be viewed from any direction.
- Control electronics: 170 x 130 x 35 mm, for mounting on optical tables
- BenderScanner piezo actuator: 40 x 40 x 20 mm (fits 1″ mirror mounts), mirror size: 10x15mm
- Protocol: clear text ASCII commands, internal script language
- Including visualization and measurement software
- Incl. user-spec. adaptations, LabView VIs on request
- μC: AVR32 controller
- Electrical supply: 9 – 18V DC power Adapter, 1.5A
- Power consumption: < 30W (10W typ.)
- Number of input channels: 1 (with voltage or current pre-amplifier)
- Number of piezo driver outputs: 2 (+/- 30V or 0 – 200V)
FiberLock electronics: contains all necessary electronic components in a compact package:
- an input amplifier with adjustable gain allows to stabilize on a wide range of signals (0-10V or transimpedance input).
- a fast piezo amplifier is integrated (+/- 30V for the standard actuator, other voltages, e.g. 0-150V, on request).
- a 32-bit mircocontroller handles the signal processing, including a scan generator, two lock-in regulators, data processing for the 3D display and USB communication.
Two to four weeks.